Open Garden Days
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension at Bear Creek
On the 4th Tuesday of every month from January, 2017 through October, 2017. The event is FREE. However, please register in the lobby when you arrive.
9:00am - 11:30am you are welcome to wander around the grounds
and to visit with the Master Gardeners as they work in the gardens.
10:00am - 11:00am workshops and activities adapted for all ages are held.
- Workshop for adults and older teens will include a hands-on gardening
experience related to the Green Thumb Lecture topics listed below.
- Activities for 7 year olds to younger teens will include hands-on gardening
and/or a project with a nature theme. A parent or responsible adult must
be on the premises, and is welcome to attend the adult workshop.
- Pre-school to 6 year olds and their parents can share a hands-on gardening
and/or a nature theme craft activity.
If you wish to participate in the workshop/activity session from
10:00 to 11:00 AM, please RSVP by the Sunday before the event, and include the ages of children
attending with you to firstname.lastname@example.org or 281.855.5600. We want to have enough supplies for everyone.
Monthly 2017 Green Thumb topics and the Open Garden Day dates:
- January 24 - Soil & Compost
- February 28 - Spring Vegetable Gardening
- March 28 - Roses: Planting, Growing & Upkeep
- April 25 - Herbs: Growing & Using
- May 23 - Insects in the Garden
- June 27 - Propagation and Seed Saving
- July 25 - Raised Beds, Drip Irrigation & Rain Barrels
- August 22 - Fall Vegetables
- September 26 - Gardening with Children and Grandchildren
- October 24 - Trees: Planting and Care (includes fruit trees)